Supernatural Glitter Monster AU
Supernatural AU where everything is the same except ganked demons, angels, vampires, etc. explode in puffs of glitter.
Like demons explode in red glitter, angels explode in blue-white tiny glitter stars, vampires are puffs of black glitter bats.
And Dean walks out of a vampire nest looking like a Sunday school Halloween craft project and Sam’s like “Damn. That bad?”
Dean just spits glitter bats at him.
Castiel, transfiguration V | I want to cry out / but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
So I was tagged by okayaugustuswatersokay to name 15 things that make me happy. After this list I’ll take a few people, but you’re under no obligation or pressure to participate! I hope you do though, even if you only think of your list of happy things.
So in no particular order…
1. Finding the perfect brush to color a piece of digital artwork. It’s nailing that level of transparency and hardness so it has a nice defined edge and looks ‘painterly’ rather than airbrushed.
2. Being allowed to have full artistic license on a piece of commercial design.
3. Friends who seek me out, ask for my time, and make me feel wanted.
4. Warm color schemes
5. Trying a new style of art and it turns out the way I want.
6. The throes of researching a writing topic, where pieces are coming together to form a story and I realize that I can plug all this passion for Detroit, for an abandoned building, for big band swing, for vintage cars into something beautiful and share it with people who may not have noticed it.
7. The Old Market district of Omaha, Nebraska
8. Big Band Swing (see 6)
9. Putting together an outfit that makes me feel like I’m wearing an emotional suit of armor.
10. Cooking. Using tools that were passed down to me, feeling close to my grandmother while I work. The process of gathering ingredients, processing ingredients, combining everything, baking, frying, roasting, making soup, making bread, making cake, making pie crust - every bit. Sometimes even the cleanup.
11. Autumn Saturday trips to apple orchards.
12. Bonfires with hot spiced cider and a close-knit band of nerds to share it with.
13. Spending the day with a friend for no reason other than you enjoy one another’s company.
14. Singing with other people. Whether it’s Eagles, or it’s Christmas carols, or CCR, or Banned From Argo, or sea shanties or drinking songs, I fucking love cooperative singing. I love harmonizing with other people.
15. Playing ‘Journey’ on the PS3, getting completely immersed in the game so that the controls don’t even figure in, it’s just all about my trip, my emotions, the music, and the beautiful, beautiful things it inspires.
And I tag…
touchofstrange merindab captaindeanwatson yellowvespa abadsamajama nonlinearwinter congeek drraemccoy wendiriggens unfocusedideals toboldlydammitjim fallenwithstyle hailthearchangels casladyknight neskaju
Happy Martha Jones Appreciation Day!
I wanted to take part in this awesome day, mostly because I really love Martha and she is one of my favorite Doctor Who companions and so I drew this. Martha Jones is a badass, a star, and a queen.
This morning’s random research topic: meaning behind the song lyrics of American Pie by Don McLean.
Well THAT was a rabbit hole of 60’s culture and symbolism.
I see your tag mentioning BeBop and all I can think is, "Either Jack or Cas with a bounty? Right, because Spike doesn't already grumble enough on a job XD" Though knowing Spike? Totally would wind up helping them finish whatever they were doing. (And maybe, for once, get paid.... unless it's during Jack's conman days.)
My pen slipped.